This Application is not really necesarry anymore. In
MacOS X 10.1 Apple introduced a SMB client. It is a bit
hard to use, so I suggest you also check
out SMB Browse. It is an application that will
simplify the use of Apple's SMB client.
I will no longer continue to work on this project. I
actually did have a new version I was working on. I
passed the sourcecode over to Gordon M. Shukwit, the
developer of the above mentioned SMB Browser.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is it:
Xamba will be an application to access files shared with the SMB/CIFS protocol. In the feature it is meant to be very much like an FTP-application, but for another protocol. This is still very experimental and for many ppl not really usefull.
- Download Xamba:
- This is the code of version 1.0b3 of my GUI client for Samba.
You can decompress it with Aladdin Stuffit Expander.
- What's new:
- New name.
- Labeled fields.
on interface elements:
- The name field is for your username. Leave blank if you do not need one to access the server.
- The passwd field is for your password. Leave blank if you do not need one to access the server.
- The address (url) field.
To get a file, use this form:
If you want to list or get a directory make sure the address ends with a backslash. Use this form:
- The textarea displays the output of the actions.
- The Status button shows information on your own server in the output window.
- The Kill button kicks the user with the pid which has been entered in the textfield above the button. To find out the pid of a connected user use the status button. This function only works if you are running the program as root.
Caution: You can kill any process with this function, so be carefull to enter the correct pid.
- Todo list:
- Redo the GUI part. Make it more like an FTP application
- Parse the output to make nice clickable lists and catch and display errors.
- Let you put files and directories on servers.
- Making it possible to change the Download location.
- Adding support for other options of smb. Like creating folders, deleting folders and files, Tar'ing, etc.
- Making the kill work with non root users, if they can give the root passwd that is.
- Make it possible to restart the samba deamons etc.
And probably in that order.